Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 11--Shutout like the Bruins




Like the Bruins in last night's game, I'm shutout for todays birthday autographs. So I'll just ramble on.


Brantford Hockeyfest

The annual HockeyFest, combining the Walter Gretzky Street Hockey Tournament and a slate of country and rock performers, drew record crowds and street hockey teams to Brantford last weekend. Didn't get to go but wait till next year. Maybe I'll volunteer.




Martina McBride at the music part of the weekend.

 
Wayne Gretzky Celebrity Tennis Classic June 30 1984
 Hard to believe this was 17 years ago.




 The mandatory program purchase.




It appears I only got Brantford's own Greg Stefan to sign the program. Have cards signed by other players in attendance.


I wrote down the pairings for the games.  18 pairs equals 36 players or celebrities. Somehow Wayner was with Mr. Hockey. Pretty good list of people.




Hockey card checklist book and price guide for all
                    Parkhurst, Topps and O-Pee-Chee 1951 to 1985
        PUBLISHER: Victoria, B.C. : Sportsland, [1986]
                   Sportsland, #49 - 560 Johnson St., Victoria, B.C. V8W 3C6

I still have this price guide from 1986 containing 136 pages. The first 78 list sets up to 84/85 and the rest is the alphabetical listing of all players. There was not a lot of information available in those days so something like this was like gold. 


Lets see, a 79/80 OPC Wayne Gretzky RC--$20.00. Maybe I can afford one of these.



The alphabetical listing that I used for a checklist.

Brings back the memories. Now if I could fire up the Delorean and go Back to the Future. What would I buy? Hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment