Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dec 18--Jean Pronovost

Jean Pronovost



11th child of a family of 12, Pronovost idolized as a kid his brother Marcel Pronovost, who also played in the NHL. He played his junior with the Victoriaville Bruins, and then with the Niagara Falls Flyers, with which he won the Memorial Cup in 1965. He signed with the Oklahoma City Blazers of the Central Hockey League in 1966. The team, affiliated with the Boston Bruins, was packed full of future NHL stars like Wayne Cashman, Bernie Parent and Jean-Paul Parisé; Pronovost did well with 45 points in 68 games in his first professional season. Two years later, the Bruins made the major mistake of not re-signing him. As a result, Pronovost headed for Pittsburgh in 1968, where his NHL journey began.
Pronovost became the first player of the Penguins' history to reach the 100 points mark in a season.
He was traded to the Atlanta Flames in 1978 for Gregg Sheppard. There, he had two more excellent seasons. He ended his professional career with a two season stint with the Washington Capitals.





Received these blue ink signed cards TTM




Return envelope postmarked 1987


From the contents of the letter he sent back to me, it appears I asked for some addresses of players connected with HMI. I do believe I sent some to him to forward.




Return envelope postmarked 1988.



Looks like I sent a request for Ed Kea's address which he provided. This time he asked me which players I had interest in. I guess he would have provided me with their addresses. I don't believe I ever followed up on this.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know there was any such thing as a Christian ice hockey ministry before. This seems unusual to me.

    ReplyDelete