Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Dec 26--Norm Ullman

Norm Ullman


While a junior star with the Maple Leaf Athletic Club and later the Edmonton Oil Kings of the WCJHL, Norm Ullman caught the eye of Detroit scout Clarence Mohr. There followed an impressive developmental year with the Edmonton Flyers of the WHL.
Ullman went on to record 16 20-goal seasons, including 12 in a row from 1957 to 1969. His consistent production was matched by his durability, as he missed only 21 games in a ten-year span.
His career statistics rank him among the greatest centers to ever play in the NHL, with 490 career regular season goals and 739 assists for 1229 points. He appeared in eleven All Star games during his 20 year career and scored 30 goals and added 53 assists during Stanley Cup Playoff action in 106 games played.
Norm Ullman was inducted into Hockey's Hall of Fame in 1982.






Received these blue ink and sharpie signed cards IP.





Front and back of the his 69/70 card with the stamp affixed to it.




Gee, as if I didn't get enough items signed, I also got the ticket stub signed also. I don't remember when I obtained the sharpie one though. Funny thing, he lived three doors down from my aunt and uncle and I never actually met him there or got any autographs. I do remember mentioning it to him when I got the second auto and he remembered them.

1 comment:

  1. They do not sell flat ice hockey sticks as much as they did a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete