Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Feb 24--Time Tunnel--Sept 27 1986

Since I have no autographed items for any of the 19 players with today as their birthdate, lets take a trip back to Saturday Sept 27 1986.



Souvenir program with $1.00 price tag.



The host and presenters welcome messages to fans.



Boston Bruins lineup.





Washington Capitals lineup.

Now, I don't remember actually going to this game and I don't remember where I got the program.I don't remember doing any autograph hounding. I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. Most things I have I can put a story to but this eludes me. While trying to find information on this, I saw the exact same program on Kijiji for $40.00.



Now we jump into the Delorean to Feb 2007.


Attention Messier Fans - Free Limited Edition Mark Messier commemorative cards available across Canada at more than 1,100 Rexall family of pharmacies locations

EDMONTON, Feb. 21 /CNW/ - On Tuesday, February 27 2007 a historic event in
hockey will take place - Mark Messier's No.11 banner will rise to the top of
Rexall Place in Edmonton joining the retired numbers of Oilers teammates such
as Wayne Gretzky. Two Edmonton-based companies, Rexall and COLD-fX, are not
only partnering to present additional events in honour of the hockey legend in
Edmonton on February 26 and 27. Rexall and COLD-fX are also offering free Mark
Messier commemorative cards from coast to coast, exclusively at Rexall family
of pharmacies beginning February 24.
    The glossy commemorative homecoming cards depict a collage of favourite Mark Messier Oilers moments and the back of the card lists career highlights
and statistics spanning from 1976 to 2004.
    Visit www.rexall.ca for your nearest Rexall family of pharmacies location
- Rexall, Pharma Plus, Medicine Shoppe, Guardian and I.D.A. Quantities are
limited.






Now I didn't know of this giveaway. I had to go to Pharma Plus to pick up a prescription. While I was waiting I walked around and saw these cards for the taking. I saw. I took. Free is always good. You never know when something will pop up so I'm always on the look out. Not a Messier fan but anything HOCKEY rules. Now some memories are floating back.
I had Portuguese chicken for lunch yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment