Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

ROAR

I got the eye of the tiger, the fire
Dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar


 I got this e-mail last Friday.

  Give me a call.. My wife cleaned out the numbers on the phone.. I have tickets to a alumni game Saturday night with Tiger Williams attending..

 I was at work so didn't see it for three hours. It was from one of my autograph hounding friends. I had tickets to this event in November and took him. Oh yes, I was interested to attend this event.

 
Guelph Professional Fire Fighters will take on Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni in their 20th anniversary benefit celebrity hockey game on Saturday Jan. 4 at the Sleeman Centre.
Players tentatively listed to be playing for the Leafs Alumni team include Mark Laforest, Al Iafrate, Dave McLlwain, Darryl Shannon, Gary Leeman, Rick Vaive, Ken Belanger, Bill Derlago, Dan Daoust, Lou Franceschetti and Tiger Williams.
Guelph’s Ray Scapinello, a retired NHL 33-year veteran linseman and a member of the Guelph Sports Hall of Fame, will be the linesman for the game.
Game time Saturday is at 7:30 p.m., and doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Advance tickets can be purchased at ticketmaster.ca
The event supports the Guelph Fire Fighters Benevolent Foundation
 
 
 
Ticket for event


Program was $2.00 but also included a 50/50 ticket. Didn't win the pot of $660.00
 
 
Got something signed by everyone on the Alumni team



Referee "Black Jack Valiquette
 
 
"Trees" 

Mark LaForest
 
 
 
"Planet" 
Al Iafrate

Al took a look at the picture and remarked that this was when he tore his ACL.
 
 
 
 "Mac"
Dave McLlwain
 
 
 
"Shanny" 
Darryl Shannon
 
 
 
 "Screamin"
Gary Leeman
 
 
 
"Squid" 
Rick Vaive
 
 
 
 "Beast" 
Ken Belanger
 
 
 
 "Billy D"
Bill Derlago
 
 
 
 "Dangerous Dan"
Dan Daoust
 
 
 
"Looooouuuu" 
Lou Franceschetti
  
 
 
 "Scampy"
Ray Scapinello

Ray said this was another time when he was thrown on his ass. He was with his wife and another couple. His wife remarked that this was when he had hair. I had an extra one of these and offered it to them . It was appreciated.


"Tiger"
Dave Williams

He didn't roar but sure enjoyed the picture. He asked Shanny if he recognized the other two cement heads.

Another good night. Good friends, good time and good autographs. It was a late night but I would do again.


No comments:

Post a Comment